Welcome to Southfield College
A WOMEN’S COLLEGE WITH UNDER GRADUATE AND POST GRADUATE COURSE | ACCREDITED BY NAAC WITH GRADE “A”
Southfield College was founded as Loreto College, in Darjeeling in August, 1961 as a women’s college. At the request of the Government of West Bengal, the Irish Branch of the Institute of the Blessed Virgin Mary, the Darjeeling Loreto Educational Society agreed to take care of its management. However, due to the lack of personnel the Loreto nuns were compelled to hand over the college to the Government of West Bengal, hence to be run as Southfield College.
VISION OF THE COLLEGE
Southfield College aims at imparting value based education to women in order to open up their minds to create space for their holistic development and to contribute to the society and country as a whole.
MISSION OF THE COLLEGE
In the light of the vision statement we endeavour to lead our students to
- Relentlessly search for academic excellence.
- Enlighten to cherish the ideals of love, sincerity and service.
- Empower them to face challenges as dignified, responsible and dutiful citizens.
- Respect the rights of all individuals through social justice.
All students once admitted are expected to conform to the regulations of the College and thus help to establish the high standards of behaviour and academic excellence.
News and Events
- Click here to pay your session fee for 2021-22
- Notice for Online Admission for MA in English and History
- CLASS ROUTINE FOR 1st, 3rd and 5th Semester students 2021-22
- LINK FOR ORIENTATION PROGRAMME 2021-22. STUDENTS ARE INSTRUCTED TO SUBSCRIBE THE CHANNEL
- Click here to pay admission fees
- “Virtual conference” to be held from 01.09.2021 to 04.09.2021. Details given in Seminar/ workshop page
- Notice for online admission incomplete forms 2021-22
- ADMISSION NOTICE FOR SESSION 2021-2022
- Webinar on “Discovery of inner world through Himalayan Meditation” on 16.07.2021 and 17.07.2021