Welcome to Southfield College
A WOMEN’S COLLEGE WITH DEGREE COURSE | ACCREDITED BY NAAC WITH GRADE “A”
Southfield College was founded as Loreto College, in Darjeeling in August, 1961 as a women’s college. At the request of the Government of West Bengal, the Irish Branch of the Institute of the Blessed Virgin Mary, the Darjeeling Loreto Educational Society agreed to take care of its management. However, due to the lack of personnel the Loreto nuns were compelled to hand over the college to the Government of West Bengal, hence to be run as Southfield College.
VISION OF THE COLLEGE
Southfield College aims at imparting value based education to women in order to open up their minds to create space for their holistic development and to contribute to the society and country as a whole.
MISSION OF THE COLLEGE
In the light of the vision statement we endeavour to lead our students to
- Relentlessly search for academic excellence.
- Enlighten to cherish the ideals of love, sincerity and service.
- Empower them to face challenges as dignified, responsible and dutiful citizens.
- Respect the rights of all individuals through social justice.
All students once admitted are expected to conform to the regulations of the College and thus help to establish the high standards of behaviour and academic excellence.
News and Events
- ADMISSION NOTICE FOR SESSION 2021-2022
- Webinar on “Discovery of inner world through Himalayan Meditation” on 16.07.2021 and 17.07.2021
- Tutorial for scanning university examination answer sheet by Ms. Vishaka Diyali, Assistant Professor dept. of English
- Revised Notification for U. G. Even Semester & U. G. Old System Examinations, 2021
- Students’ feedback form
- notice u.g even semesters’/annual examinations,2021
- Re-Revised Notice for University Examination Form Fill-up
- Fee structure for Admission session 2021-2022
- New revised Instruction from University of North Bengal for B.A. III Year Examination 2020